Good Meatless Monday Y’all!
As you remember, I chose to make Broccoli Tomato Galette from Vegetarian Times. I made it on Sunday and then re-heated it on Monday for dinner. It was pretty easy to make. On Sunday morning I went to Trader Joe’s and got everything I needed except the oregano, I grow it in my garden and used it. I decided that My Man would have a taste of it on Sunday and then compare how it tasted on Monday.
As you can see, I can’t rollout a circle to save my life. Anyway, I think my oddly shape pizza looks “rustic”.
The pizza (cause really, that it what it is) was pretty easy to make. I thought it tasted better fresh from the oven then it did re heated today. Both My Man and I think that it needed salt. I ended up adding salt to mine when I ate it both times and it helped a lot. The other thing was the crust. I don’t if it was the TJ crust (although I have had their regular crust and enjoyed it) or if it was the fact that it was a wheat crust but is was just ok. Ok as in I hope to never have it again.
I think I will make this again but with regular crust…and salt…and more cheese. I think I just added 300 more calories to the damn thing but it will Yummy! Y’all check it out and tell me what you think!
Here is the recipe:
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- ½ small onion, sliced (½ cup)
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 12-oz. pkg. prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- ½ cup shredded fontina cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Place tomato halves cut side up on baking sheet. Insert 2 slices of garlic in each tomato half; sprinkle with oregano. Roast 30 minutes.
2. Toss together broccoli, onion, and oil in baking dish. Roast 20 minutes, or until tender. Cool 10 minutes.
3. Roll dough into 10-inch circle. Transfer to baking sheet coated with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Spread pesto on crust; sprinkle with cheese. Top with vegetables, leaving 2-inch rim. Fold 1 inch of crust edge inward. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F; bake 40 minutes, or until golden.
STORE/SERVE Cool, wrap in foil, and refrigerate up to 2 days, or freeze 1 month. Reheat 15 minutes at 350°F before serving (thaw first if frozen).
Question: What did you have this Meatless Monday?